Our client is a multinational industrial chemical company which develops, produces and sells products and solutions. The products and solutions are sold throughout the world. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext.We are looking for a: DIRECTOR OPERATIONS EMEA Purpose of the new position:
This position is responsible for leading the EMEA operational responsibility (production management, planning & logistics, purchasing and project management). The objective is to daily manage the operation, improve, optimize activities in a most effective and efficient way, optimize costs, resources and labour with the ultimate goal of further improving the profitability of operations EMEA. Stimulate the organisation towards performance. Motivate teams towards qualitative output and best in class products, solutions and services; create an effective organisation driven by KPI’s and performance standards. Show leadership, professionalize the organisation by further implementation of processes and procedures and lead the teams in a problem solving and action oriented approach, meeting deadlines and achieving set and agreed goals.Scope of the new position:
Market: the market in Europe, Middle East and Africa, manufacturing for all regions where products are sold and distributed. Annual turnover EMEA is around € 200 million. This position reports to the managing director EMEA.
The director operations directly supervises 5-7 reports:
- plant director ME
- plant manager EU
- production manager
- planning & logistics manager
- project managerKey responsibilities:
The director operations EMEA is responsible for management (leadership, development, implementation and execution of business planning EMEA) of all operations functions and responsibilities.
- Manage and execute strategy and tactical planning for operations EMEA
- Plan, develop and execute capital expenditures that maintain state of the art technology to upgrade and optimize production areas
- Manage the manufacturing facilities in Europe and Middle East
- Manage planning, sourcing, logistics, purchasing and manufacturing procedures and implement next step synergies (R&D, logistics, planning, purchasing); amongst others between production locations of Europe and North America
- Maintain adequate levels of raw material inventory
- Coordinate production planning and service to assure timely delivery
- Monitor weekly shipping levels and drive to meet weekly and monthly shipping goals
- Expected attention to streamline activities and maintain a strict cost control
- Direct and hands-on management responsibility over the EMEA purchasing position
- Direct engineering process to analyse standard cost and develop manufacturing efficiency tools
- Decisive leadership of all disciplines covering operations EMEA
- Focus on human resource functions: e.g. hiring, training, performance reviews, mentoring, succession plan development
- Assure proper staffing of plants and production facilities
- Manage and further develop a strong and decisive management and ensure professional growth of individuals with the team for succession planning
- Inspire, stimulate and motivate the organisation towards performance and meeting KPI’s
- Teambuilding and developing an effective way of communication.Specifications of the new position:
- College degree (operations management, business administration or a related field is required) - business degree preferred
- Driven by technical expertise, background and interest
- Analytical, strategic, performance driven
- 10+ years of international operations experience in a business to business environment or business to government and an international supplier base
- 10+ years managerial experience in multi-national operation on EMEA level in operations
- Adequate experience of managing operational organisations in the Middle East and across Europe, prepared to travel 20% internationally, based in the Netherlands
- Performance driven and proven results in optimizing and fully utilizing capacities in production factories
- Demonstrated leadership, people and excellent communication skills
- A true and internationally experienced leader, motivator, team builder, holding people accountable for programs, actions, deadlines
- Developed financial skills, appropriate time management skills
- Fluent in English, and additional languages preferable
- Strong preference for an experienced manager who has fulfilled a similar position in an international company successfully
- Preferably experienced in process industry.
If you recognize yourself in the profile, and you can meet the requirements, please send your resume with your motivation to: email@example.com from CK Search.
For more information about the vacancy you can call her on 06 15 60 9779. An assessment may be part of the procedure.