At Pentair, they believe the health of our world depends on reliable access to clean water. They deliver the most comprehensive range of smart, sustainable water solutions to homes, businesses and industry around the world. Their industry-leading and proven portfolio of solutions enables people, businesses and industry to access clean and safe water, reduce water usage, and recover and reuse it. They help ensure that the water is clean when it is returned to the environment. Whether it's fitness and fun, healthier homes, better flood control, safer skies, more sustainable ways to farm, or safe drinking water for those who need it most, they won't stop until the world's water is managed in the best possible way. From approximately 130 locations in 34 countries, Pentair's 10,000 employees are united in their unshakable belief that the future of water depends on them. Sales in 2017 were $ 2.8 billion and they trade under the ticker symbol PNR. About 350 employees work at the location in Enschede and with this motivated team they continuously work on the world of tomorrow. Innovation, process optimization and customer focus are central. In order to give this customer and service-oriented approach more shape and to better structure the processes and further increase the success rate of the assignments, we are looking for a motivated senior:
‘to take our organization to a higher level’
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to provide leadership for the Quality team in the resolution of problems and continuous improvement of product, processes and the quality management system. In this role, the Quality Manager will work within the Enschede plant leadership team, to address all areas of enterprise operations to achieve quality and operating objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities.
- Create an environment where people can grow and develop, and lead by example in creating a positive, “can do” culture.
- Manage and improve the Quality Management System of Pentair Enschede by ensuring policies and procedures are up to date, and fit the need of the business.
- Plan and execute internal and external audits for ISO 9001:2015 and other Quality standards and audits at Suppliers.
- Ensure alignment between X Matrix, Transformation Plans, Value Stream Maps and KPI Bowling Charts when it comes to Quality.
- Understand techniques for facilitating organizational change, removing roadblocks, performing constraint management, motivating and resolving conflicts.
- Facilitate and promote problem-solving tools (the seven quality control tools, the seven management and planning tools, root cause analysis, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), 8D and other like models.
- Drive process and product improvements to improve quality internal defects and warranty within the Membrane, Module, Assembly and on site Commissioning processes.
- Drive toward world-class reliability, in product integrity, process quality and supplier quality using the appropriate technology and business tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, APQP, PPAP and SPC.
- Develop and implement quality specifications, testing, and test procedures for all new products and changes to existing products. Lead Quality team in proactive management of product design and product change process approvals.
- Implement and drive execution of Pentair Quality Management System (QMS) playbook and PIMS Quality Maturity Matrix (QMM) assessment.
- Proactively approach customers, make trips to the field, etc., to help build relationships and a clear understanding of expectations. Continually anticipate customer needs and priorities; and integrate them into the quality system and policy.
- Partner with strategic supply group on supplier management and development.
- Compile and present quality metrics, countermeasures and action plans for operations reviews.
- Facilitate Quality Alert (QAL) and Corrective Action Request (CAR) system and associated Quality Improvement Team (QIT) process to ensure timely and effective issue resolution.
- Assure compliance with optimal ISO certification for the operations / business. Manage the relationship with registrars and cross functional audit teams.
- Conduct management reviews of the quality system and make adjustments as necessary to align the system to the business strategy.
- Manage the quality team.
What does Pentair ask from you.
As a Quality Manager, you have the following characteristics, competencies and experience: You are both analytical oriented as hands-on, working closely with the different stakeholders in an operational and demanding environment. You can plan, do, check and act and are able to think ahead. Keeping a clear overview for yourself and others on priorities. You are both strategic and pragmatic, eager to learn, connect naturally and communicate productively from operational to directors’ level.
- Academic Degree in Engineering.
- Degrees in Chemistry or Process Technology are preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Quality or Engineering, Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement.
- Good oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Proven knowledge of TPS (Toyota Production System) and Problem Solving.
- You are a real team player, a people manager, strategist and conceptual thinker.
- You are result-oriented, a decision maker, take responsibility and are used to an international environment.
- You have strong analytical skills, you have a good view of process improvements and you know how to manage them and make them measurable.
- You have excellent communication skills and you know how to manage internal and external relationships.
- A minimum of three years of this experience must be in a decision-making position with the authority to define, execute, or control projects/processes and to be responsible for the outcome.
What does Pentair offer.
- A challenging job where you can really make a difference in a pleasant working environment at a stable and internationally growing organization, where your work matters.
- Great colleagues who are full of passion for their goals and are happy to help each other and the customer.
- Excellent salary appropriate to the position and responsibilties.
- Participation in the Pentair Fisc Free program.
Are you interested?
Do you think with your background in Quality management and with your excellent communication skills that you can make a difference in this beautiful dynamic production organization? Then respond quickly. We would like to read your motivation and CV to investigate whether you and Pentair are the optimum match. You can email us at email@example.com. If you have any questions about the content of the position, please contact Grietje Makkinga CK Search, by mail or on 06 109 408 38.